If your Net Promoter Score is less than 77% you are definitely catching up. Same if you get customer satisfaction scores just scraping 90%
"The keys to CX quality in insurance, according to Forrester, stem from effectiveness, ease and emotion. Typically, this means having a combination of digital and human access."
Phil Britt in CMS Wire March 27th 2019
"There was a time when insurance customers were satisfied with a timely response, a fair price and quality service."
Clarke Wooten Group VP Insurance Services at Acxiom. He goes on to list what customers look for.
- Cross-channel personalised experiences
- Seamless, consistent and connected journey
- Data accuracy, protection, privacy
- Choices in buying — where, when, how and who
- Interaction where, when and how they want
- Real-time interactions and responses
- An experience similar to other great brands
- Value exchanges above and beyond
- Trust and honesty
- It goes without saying that you need a digital insurance platform that not only lets you deliver these customer needs but also: -
- exceeds the NPS goals above
- Ditto customer satisfaction
- And collapses costs
With customers expecting seamless access to a variety of channels, incorporating martech is essential for insurance CX today, said Clark Wooten, group vice president of insurance services at Acxiom. “The rapid proliferation of channels, devices and data sources has impacted the complexity of identity resolution strategies and increases the risk of brand loyalty erosion as competition soars in this transformative climate. Customers expect carriers to deliver a seamless, omnichannel and highly personalized experience but organizational and industry obstacles, including data silos and evolving data privacy policies, create a barrier between these expectations and services delivered.”