Years of development and iteration has led insurers to produce great user experiences on mobile. But there are still areas where carriers are falling short, according to J.D. Power's 2019 Insurance Digital Experience study.
Paul Stanley CEO of 360Globalnet stated that:
"We have digitally processed over 3.6 million insurance claims across the US, Europe and Australia for two of the largest global insurers and five of the UK's top 10. Over 35% of customers prefer to click on a "Make a Claim" button on the insurer's website and start self-service FNOL . Of the remaining 65%, over 90% will accept SMS and/or Email links to continue self-serve digital FNOL at a time and place convenient to them. Across all categories of claims the average NPS score is over 77% and rising".
The 8th iteration of the survey reached more than 11,000 customers between January and March of this year. Produced in partnership with Centric Digital, J.D. Power examined insurers' websites and mobile apps based on five factors: ease of navigation, appearance, availability of key information, range of services and clarity of presented information.
Benchmark your digital claims initiatives against these measurable and proven metrics and answer the question: - Are your digital claims goals ambitious enough?
"While most companies’ websites are highly responsive and meet brand standards, they fall short on delivering the types of expanded self-service tools, integrated digital communications functionality and contextual insurance information that would put them on par with leading websites in other industries," the companies wrote.