Aviva's well publicised cutting of 1,800 jobs to cut costs and L&G General Insurance loss as COR deteriorated from 95% to 107% are not the only insurers suffering from cost and margin pressures.
360Globalnet shows that it is possible to both delight customers and collapse costs at the same time. All without capital costs to make the business case an issue to agree.
If the metrics in the diagram are not enough to tempt you then consider the longer list below (with full references at bottom of article. At the very least challenge your innovation team to deliver the same of better results.
The results are impressive when customers are empowered to manage their own claims online, with NPS recorded in the upper 70’s
Operational expenses are dramatically cut when staff are no longer required to do all the fetching and carrying of today's claims processes. The role of claims expertise is focused solely on decision taking and helping customers when they need a human turning call centres into customer engagement centres. Opex can reduced by 45% once digital claims are implemented because of embedded advanced automation/orchestration.
Claims spend is lowered because of 360SiteView’s native video technology/imagery where Insurers can see every loss at the desktop and therefore much less likely to overpay. Less than genuine customers self-select themselves out of an online process when everything becomes totally transparent. This before the sophisticated anti-fraud technology that is built-in tackles professional fraud.
Overall, double digit claims cost percentage reductions are possible and the claims life-cycle is cut by a minimum of 40% in every case. With infrastructure cloud hosted and only the most current version supplied, all self-configured with 360’s development included then IT support costs are slashed by up to 75%.
Setting specific measurable goals
When setting the measurable goals of any digital claims project benchmark your plans against the transformation results described below from various industry sources – all referenced at bottom of article.
- From FNOL in days and hours to minutes; 35% zero-time eFNOL with AutoServe -360Globalnet (360GN)
- Claims life-cycle reduced by minimum 40%- 360GN
- Increase in Net Promoter Score by 20 or 30 points - McKinsey & Company
- Average of NPS 77% over all Home & Auto customers, 82% in Pet- 360GN
- 30% reduction in cost of claims- McKinsey
- Digital Lean Initiative leading to cost reductions of 15% -Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
- Digital customer journeys yielding cost reductions up to 20% -BCG
- From 20% of call centre calls being “what’s happening” to 50% drop in status calls- McKinsey
- Up to 70% reduction in call centre resource requirements -360GN
- 60% Reduction in FTE staffing -BCG
- 5% to 20% reduction in expense ratio- McKinsey
- Up to 50% reduction in processing time per claim- LexisNexis
- Total Cost of Ownership reduced by 20% to 30%- McKinsey
- 3 points to 5 points reductions in combined savings ratio -Bain & Company
- 5%-15% Annual Revenue Growth- Bain & Co
- Using data prefill at FNOL 14% improvement days to pay for PI- LexisNexis
- 3 points to 5 points reductions in combined savings ratio- Bain & Co
- 1 to 4 manual touches removed from claims process- LexisNexis
- 1 to 15 day reduction in processing time per claim- LexisNexis
- 3 to 10 times more cases processed per adjuster- LexisNexis
Finally, the bane of all CTOs and CIOs; the multiplying cost of multiple platforms and digital initiatives. The only way to avoid escalating costs is to insist on a price structure that is a PAYG or Subscription pricing model which require no major Capital Expenditure by the Insurer. And that does not require that you replace today’s legacy core systems; rather that you do so at a time of your choosing when convenient and cost-efficient.
“Time for Insurers to face Digital Reality”. https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/financial-services/our-insights/time-for-insurance-companies-to-face-digital-reality
“Capturing Value from the Core” ;https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/financial-services/our-insights/capturing-value-from-the-core
The P&C customer rediscovered through analytics; https://www.bain.com/insights/the-p-and-c-customer-rediscovered-through-analytics
Digital Disruption in Insurance: Cutting through the noise ; https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/financial-services/our-insights/digital-insurance
How a Digital Approach is improving customer satisfaction at a major insurer ; https://www.bcg.com/en-gb/industries/insurance/digital/bcg-digital-approach-improving-customer-satisfaction-productivity.aspx
Attacking complexity in Insurance Products and Processes; https://www.bcg.com/en-gb/industries/insurance/attacking-complexity-in-insurance-products-and-processes.aspx
2019 Future of Claims Study LexisNexis- balancing claims automation and empathy https://risk.lexisnexis.com/insights-resources/white-paper/2019-future-of-claims-study
oday’s unforgiving economic climate confronts insurers with a multitude of challenges, from the low-interest-rate environment to greater price transparency, customer cost consciousness, and sweeping regulatory changes. As a result, the profitability of life and property-and-casualty (P&C) players is barely above the cost of equity, and costs are emerging as the critical element in achieving competitive advantage